The following is a notable Iranian scholars, scientists and engineers around the world from the modern era.
• Akbar Adibi, electronic engineer, VLSI researcher, professor of engineering, Amirkabir University of Technology 
• Haleh Afshar, academic and peer, University of York
• Masoud Alimohammadi, assassinated quantum field theorist and elementary-particle physicist
• Mahyar Amouzegar, Dean and Professor, College of Engineering, Cal Poly Pomona, California
• Anousheh Ansari, the world's first female space tourist, co-founder and chairman of Prodea Systems, Inc., former co-founder and CEO of Telecom Technologies, Inc. (TTI)
• Khizar Humayun Ansari, Director of the Centre for Ethnic Minority Studies, Royal Holloway University of London.
• Farhad Ardalan, physicist, IPM
• Nima Arkani-Hamed, professor, Institute for Advanced Study
• Hossein Arsham, Professor of Decision Science, Statistics, and Simulation
• Nasser Ashgriz, Professor of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering, University of Toronto.
• Touraj Atabaki, Professor of the "Social History of the Middle East and Central Asia", Department of History, University of Amsterdam.
• Abdolreza (Arash) Simchi, Professor of Materials Science and Engineering, Sharif University of Technology.
• Mehdi Bahadori, Professor of Mechanical Engineering
• Shaul Bakhash, historian, George Mason University
• Asef Bayat, Professor of Sociology and Middle East Studies at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign 
• Nariman Behravesh, Chief Economist and Executive Vice President, Global Insight.
• Mahmoud Behzad, the father of Persian modern biology science
• Mina Bissell, Director of UC Berkeley Life Sciences Division
• Touraj Daryaee, Iranologist and historian, University of California, Irvine
• Abbas Edalat, Professor of Computer Science and Mathematics, Imperial College London.
• Kamran Elahian, entrepreneur
• Kamran Eshraghian, VLSI pioneer in Australia
• Fereydoon Family, Samuel Candler Dobbs Professor of Physics, Emory University.
• Nasir Gebelli, computer scientist and video game developer
• Mohammed Ghanbari, professor, University of Essex
• Vartan Gregorian, president, Carnegie Corporation of New York
• Zoubin Ghahramani, Professor of Information Engineering Department of Engineering, University of Cambridge
• Mohammad Reza Hafeznia, professor, University of Tehran
• Ali Hajimiri, Caltech, co-founder of Axiom Microdevices Inc.
• Majid Hassanizadeh, Professor of Hydrogeolgoy, Expertise: theories of porous media (Utrecht University, The Netherlands).
• Babak Hassibi, Professor of Electrical Engineering, Caltech
• Mahmoud Hessaby, physicist, father of modern physics in Iran (Persia)
• Eric Hooglund, professor of political science
• Reza Iravani, Professor and the L. Lau Chair in Electrical and Computer Engineering in the Edward S. Rogers Sr. Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Toronto.
• Hamid Jafarkhani, professor, University of California, Irvine
• Mansour Jabalameli Certified Internetwork Expert, Cisco Systems
• Ali Jafari, Professor of Computer and Information Technology, Purdue University.
• Ali Akbar Jalali, professor, Iran University of Science and Technology.
• Ali Javan, physicist and inventor of the gas laser at MIT
• Kamaloddin Jenab, pioneering physicist
• Mehran Kardar, physicist, MIT.
• Dr. Kabir Sadeghi, Civil Engineer. Founder of The International Conference on Coasts 
• Ahmad Karimi-Hakkak, Founding Director of Center for Persian Studies, University of Maryland
• Homayoon Kazerooni,professor of Mechanical Engineering at the University of California, Berkeley, Co-founder and Chief Scientist of Berkeley Bionics, inventor of the HULC.
• Shaygan Kheradpir, Chief Operating Office, Barclays
• Omid Kordestani, Senior Vice President, Worldwide Sales and Field Operations, Google
• Caro Lucas, scientist, professor and founding director of the Center of Excellence for Control and Intelligent Processing (CIPCE), School of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Tehran, and a researcher at the School of Cognitive Sciences (SCS), Institute for Studies in Theoretical Physics and Mathematics (IPM), Tehran, Iran.
• Esfandiar Maasoumi, Fellow of the Royal Statistical Society, Southern Methodist University
• V. K. Margussian, (Marghussian) Founder of the Modern Ceramics Science and Technology in Iran Iran University of Science and Technology
• Maryam Mirzakhani, Professor of Mathematics, Stanford University
• Mohsen Mostafavi, Dean, Cornell University College of Architecture, Art, and Planning.
• Abbas Milani, Director of Iranian Studies Program, Stanford University
• Farzaneh Milani, Director of Studies in Women and Gender, University of Virginia
• Parviz Moin, Franklin P. and Caroline M. Johnson Professor of Mechanical Engineering, Stanford University.
• Roxana Moslehi, Assistant Professor, Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, School of Public Health and Cancer Research Center, University of New York (SUNY)
• Hamid Mowlana, Director of the Division of International Communication at American University in Washington D.C., and former President of the International Association for Media and Communication Research
• Firouz Naderi, associate director, Project Formulation and Strategy, Jet Propulsion Laboratory, NASA
• Hossein Nasr, philosopher, George Washington University
• Farzad Nazem, former Chief Technical Officer and Executive Vice President, Yahoo!
• Camran Nezhat, Director, Stanford Endoscopy Center for Training & Technology, Stanford University.
• Mehrdad Nikoonahad, Vice-president, Business Development, PDF Solutions, Inc.
• Pierre Omidyar, founder of eBay
• Navid Ostadian-Binai, technology leader and philanthropist
• Kaveh Pahlavan, Professor and Director of CWINS, Worcester Polytechnic Institute
• Peyman Askari Nejad, CEO of PGB Engineers, Sharif University of Technology
• Dr Shahin Pourgol, President & Professor, National University of Medical Sciences, Madrid, Spain
• Hashem Pesaran, Fellow of Trinity College, Fellow of The British Academy, former Director of the Applied Econometrics Program at UCLA, founding editor of the Journal of Applied Econometrics, Cambridge University
• Ali R. Rabi, Founding Chair of the Middle East Citizens Assembly (MECA), University of Maryland
• Yahya Rahmat-Samii, former Chair of Electrical Engineering Department, UCLA 
• David N. Rahni, Professor of Chemistry, Adjunct Professor Environmental Law (1989–2004) Pace University, Adjunct Professor of Dermatology, New York Medical College
• Behzad Razavi, Director, Communications Circuits Laboratory, UCLA
• Sohrab Rohani Chair, Department of Chemical and Biochemical Engineering, University of Western Ontario
• Mostafa Ronaghi, Chief Technology Officer and Senior Vice President, Illumina.
• Pardis Sabeti, geneticist, Assistant Professor, Center for Systems Biology and Department of Organismic and Evolutionary Biology, Harvard University
• Reihaneh Safavi-Naini, cryptographer, Professor in School of Computer Science, University of Wollongong
• Muhammad Sahimi, Chair of Chemical Engineering Department, University of Southern California
• Kabir Sadeghi, professor of civil engineering, father of marine and offshore structures in Iran, Girne American University,
• Farrokh Saidi, Fellow of the Academy of Sciences for the Developing World, Permanent Member of Iranian Academy of Medical Sciences, Emeritus Professor and Chief of Surgery,
Shahid Beheshti University School of Medicine, former Dean of School of Medicine, Pahlavi University, Shiraz, Iran Shiraz University of Medical Sciences
• Jawad Salehi, inventor of optical code division multiple access, Professor, Department of Electrical Engineering, Sharif University of Technology
• Majid Samii, neurosurgeon and scientist
• Mohammad-Nabi Sarbolouki, Professor of Macromolecular Physical Chemistry, Tehran University
• Hossein Seifzadeh, Professor of Department of Political Sciences, University of Tehran
• Alireza Shapour Shahbazi, lecturer in Achaemenid archeology and Iranology at Harvard University, Harvard University, full Professor of history in Eastern Oregon University, Eastern Oregon University
• Mohammad Shahidehpour, former Dean of the Graduate College and Associate VP for Research, Illinois Institute of Technology
• Freidoon Shahidi, university research professor, Memorial University of Newfoundland
• Freydoon Shahidi, Distinguished Professor of Mathematics, Purdue University
• Manuchehr Shahrokhi, Craig Fellow/Professor, Editor Global Finance Journal, California State University, Fresno
• Shams-Kolahi, Wahid, Solid-state physicist with contribution to CIGS and CdTe solar cells.
• Amir Ali Sheibany, Professor of Geology, University of Tehran, founder and chairman of The National Iranian Steel Corporation (ZobAhan AryaMehr)
• Amin Shokrollahi, Professor of I&C faculty and the head of ALGO lab, EPFL, Switzerland
• Gholam Reza Sinambari, Chair of Department of Environmental Engineering, Fachhochschule Bingen
• Hamid Soltanian-Zadeh, senior scientist, Henry Ford Health System, and Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Tehran.
• Abdolkarim Soroush, philosopher
• Saeed Shirkavand, Former Vice Minister in Ministry of Economic Affairs and Finance (Iran), Assistant Professor in management faculty of University of Tehran
• Kamran Talattof, professor, University of Arizona
• Reza Tavakkoli-Moghaddam, Professor of Industrial Engineering, University of Tehran
• Cumrun Vafa, physicist, Harvard University
• Ehsan Yarshater, Distinguished Professor, Columbia University
• Houman Younessi, professor, Assistant Dean of Academics, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute – Hartford Graduate Campus; Director Rensselaer Initiative in Systems Engineering (RISE)
• Mehdi Zakerian, Visiting Professor, Penn Law, University of Pennsylvania, President of Iranian International Studies Association (IISA), Editor-in-Chief of International Studies Journal
• Lotfi A. Zadeh, creator of fuzzy logic and fuzzy set, UC Berkeley
• Esmail Zanjani, Department Chair of Department of Animal Biotechnology at University of Nevada, Reno.
• Abdolhossein Zarrinkoob, scholar of Iranian literature, history of literature, Persian culture and history
• List of Iranian scientists from the pre-modern era
• Science and technology in Iran
• List of universities in Iran
• Higher education in Iran
• List of Iranian Research Centers
• International rankings of Iran in science and technology
• Brain drain in Iran, the world's highest in 2006
1. ^ "Akbar Adibi". Aut.ac.ir. Retrieved 2011-09-22.
2. ^ York.ac.uk[dead link]
3. ^ Royal Holloway, University of London
4. ^ "Prof. N. Ashgriz – Multi-phase Flow Laboratory". Mie.toronto.edu. Retrieved 2011-09-22.
5. ^ IISG.nl[dead link]
6. ^ 
7. ^ 
8. ^ Nariman Behravesh. "Global Insight // // Experts // Nariman Behravesh". Globalinsight.com. Retrieved 2011-09-22.
9. ^ Mina Bissell Bio[dead link]
10. ^ Abbas Edalat's Home Page
11. ^ Kamran Elahian[dead link]
12. ^ "Emory Physics: Fereydoon Family". Physics.emory.edu. Retrieved 2011-09-22.
13. ^ Mohammed Ghanbari. "Home Page for Mohammed Ghanbari". Privatewww.essex.ac.uk. Retrieved 2011-09-22.
14. ^ "Carnegie Corporation – About". Carnegie.org. Retrieved 2011-09-22.
15. ^ "Zoubin Ghahramani". Learning.eng.cam.ac.uk. 2005-12-10. Retrieved 2011-09-22.
16. ^ "Caltech.edu". Its.caltech.edu. Retrieved 2011-09-22.
17. ^ http://www.geo.uu.nl/hydrogeology/majid.html
18. ^ "Home of Babak Hassibi". Systems.caltech.edu. Retrieved 2011-09-22.
19. ^ Ali Jafari – Ready2Net[dead link]
20. ^ Dr. Ali Akbar Jalali[dead link]
21. ^ "MIT Physics Faculty: Mehran Kardar". Web.mit.edu. Retrieved 2011-09-22.
22. ^ Dr. Kabir Sadeghi
23. ^ The Center for Persian Studies ::[dead link]
24. ^ , University of California, Berkeley
25. ^ , Berkeley Robotics and Human Engineering Laboratory
26. ^ "Corporate Information – Google Management". Google.com. Retrieved 2011-09-22.
27. ^ "Caro Lucas". University of Tehran. Retrieved 2010-11-30.
28. ^ [dead link]
29. ^ yektaweb يكتاوب. "دانشگاه علم و صنعت ايران – – دکتر مارقوسیان". Iust.ac.ir. Retrieved 2011-12-19.
30. ^ "Mohsen Mostafavi is dean of AAP". News.cornell.edu. 2004-04-15. Retrieved 2011-09-22.
31. ^ Stanford.edu[dead link]
32. ^ "Roxana Moslehi, State University of New York (SUNY)". Albany.edu. Retrieved 2011-09-22.
33. ^ "School of International Service at American University – Hamid Mowlana". American.edu. Retrieved 2011-09-22.
34. ^ "Yahoo! Media Relations – Farzad Nazem Bio". Docs.yahoo.com. Retrieved 2011-09-22.
35. ^ [dead link]
36. ^ [dead link]
37. ^ "BW Online | December 3, 2001 | Online Extra: Q&A with eBay's Pierre Omidyar". Businessweek.com. 2001-12-03. Retrieved 2011-09-22.
38. ^ http://www.wpi.edu/cgi-bin/ldap-html?name=kaveh
39. ^