What are solar lights?
Solar lights are those lights which run on solar energy instead of conventional electric energy.
How it works?
Solar powered garden light need to be accessible to the sun during day-time hours to soak up the energy from the sun in order to light-up during the evening & night hours. Before installing the solar lights place those in the areas you would like to have lit up and place them equal distance apart but make sure those areas get enough sunlight during the day so that they can soak up enough sun energy. Most solar lights will need approximately 8-10 hours of sun; some may need more in order to give off light during the night.
Using solar garden lights in less used areas of your backyard garden is a wonderful way to shed light to those areas without using the expensive electricity. Solar garden lights are economical and simple to install; they just need to be placed in areas that receive sufficient sunlight during the day so that they get keep charged at the day time. Solar lighting can be used in many different ways such as accent lighting, path lighting and spotlighting.
Benefits of using solar powered garden lights?
There are a number of reasons & benefits of using solar power garden lights in your backyard garden:
• Less expensive than any other type of lighting
• Environmentally Friendly because they use sun’s energy instead of conventional electricity
• Simple to install since they do not have wiring you need not to dig ruts for wiring
• easily moveable from one place to another
• the upkeep is almost non-existent except to replace a rechargeable battery every so often
• the LED bulbs rarely burn out
• they add beauty and highlights to your garden during the evening hours
• you have more of an opportunity to spend time in your garden during spring and summer